Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
* 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
* 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp ground cloves
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
* 3/4 cup coconut oil
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 2 Tbs for topping
1 - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray.
2 - Whisk together flour, spices, salt and baking soda.
3 - In a separate bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
4 - Add wet ingredients into dry bowl. Stir gently together, but do not overmix! Batter should be slightly lumpy.
5 - Before adding chocolate chips into batter, coat with 1 Tbs of flour (this helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan) Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
6 - Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbs of chocolate chips over the top of the loaf.
7 - Bake for 55-65 minutes (my oven takes 60) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
* Cool for at least 10 minutes.
* Note about cutting slices: Run a butter knife along the edges of pan. I find it easier to “pre-slice” before turning it out of the pan. I use a sharp knife and make shallow cuts so I don’t scratch my pan. Then after turning the loaf out, I finish slicing through and have perfect, unsquished slices!
Yield: 1 loaf